LED light therapy is a revolutionary treatment that can be used to address skin concerns of all kinds. While the most common colors of LED light therapy are red and blue, there a quite a few more that also have great benefits. In this guide, we will discuss all the colors, what they do, and what they can be used to treat.
The therapeutic wavelengths and their penetration depths
Different lights of color will penetrate the skin to different depths. As you can see from the chart above, near-infrared light penetrates the deepest into the skin and blue light penetrates the skin to the smallest depth. Therefore, the color you need is most dependent on the condition or problem that you are trying to treat. Since acne appears on the surface of the skin, blue light works well to treat this. Red light is also often used to treat acne as that light penetrates deeper into the skin's surface allowing it to fight against the acne that appears deeper. Since near-infrared light penetrates the deepest into the skin, it is often used to give an accelerated boost in treatment.
- Soothes inflammation, inhibits bacteria of hormonal adolescent acne, balances sebum production, and prevents wound infection.
- Calms sensitive skin
- Good calming effect on sensitive skin and mind
- Helps to even skin texture
- Helps to lighten hyperpigmentation spots
Reduces melanin production
- Alleviates redness from inflammation, sunburns, and rosacea
- Enhance immune system
- It can penetrate into the skin deeper
- Increase the elasticity of the skin, regenerate skin cells and improve acne scars and allergic skin.
- Promotes collagen production and combats wrinkles.
HYBRID OPTICAL LIGHT
Accelerates growth of skin cells
- Accelerates healing of skin cells
- Enhances nutrient absorption
- Helps treat wounds, repair deeply, wrinkles
Acne treatments will utilize multiple different colors together. This is a beneficial technique and can work to accelerate the healing process. Blue and red are sometimes combined to make purple and are very effective for acne. Blue and green can also be combined to get cyan and this is also helpful for acne and pigment stains. Our LED machine is equipped with the PURPLE & CYAN COLORS.
We offer LED light therapy services in our ELURA absolute clinic in Ohope beach
and at 9 SENSES WELLNESS RETREAT on 244 Stanley road.
Our IPL LIGHT is a Super Skin Rejuvenation System available at 9 Senses Wellness Retreat.
Contact Olia today to set up a consultation and start your journey towards healthier, glowing skin!